Frequently Asked Questions
- Where are you located?
- Nestled in America’s Heartland, Coyote Classics is located at 702 N 1st Street, Greene, Iowa. We are conveniently positioned near several major cities, such as Omaha, NE; Kansas City, MO; Chicago, IL; and Minneapolis, MN, to name a few.
- What are your hours?
- Our regular hours of operation are:
Monday - Friday 8:00 AM - 5:00PM (although we’re most often here until 5:30)
Saturdays 8:00 AM - 2:00PM
We observe the following holidays:
New Years Day;Memorial Day;Independence Day;Labor Day;Thanksgiving Day;and December 25th .
We also close at 12:00 noon on December 24th.
If our hours don’t coordinate with yours, we’ll work to accommodate your schedule and will open our doors, by appointment only and for serious buyers.
- Do you buy classic cars?
- Yes, we buy classic cars! We buy them & we’ll take them in on trade. We are also very proud of our Full-Time Purchasing Agent, who is dedicated to finding us quality, classic investments at great prices so we can, in return, pass those remarkable savings on to you!
- Do people really buy from you sight unseen?
- Yes, as hard as that may seem to believe. Let’s face it, we live in a very technological world and today’s modern shoppers will buy anything over the internet from Hot Dogs to Hot Rods. At Coyote Classics, we’ll give you detailed “Walk-Around” discriptions. Our sales team will get from behind their desk to behind the wheel and describe the car to you, as they see it, in detail. Tell them where to look & they’ll tell you what they see. Our service manager will also answer any questions for you, that you might have.
We want you to be confident in us and confident that what you’re buying. That’s why we’ve taken steps to to earn that confidence by posting numerous pictures and even videos on our site. We want you to see & hear what we see & hear. We want you to know that what you’re buying is what you’re getting, just one more reason our delarship is so unique.
- How do I purchase a car from your dealership?
- Buying a car from Coyote Classics is very simple and our steps are always the same.
- 1. We collect all the proper information from you like your name; address; phone number; fax number & e-mail address.
- 2. We find out from you how you will want your investment car titled and also if you’ll require any help with arranging shipping.
- 3. We will require a Non-Refundable deposit, usually between $500.00 and $1,000.00. This amount will be applied to your purchase price & can be paid using your Master Card or Visa. Please note that this deposit is NON REFUNDABLE so, it’s crucial that if you’re in doubt & not serious about buying, then don’t.
- 4. We’ll fax or email you the Purchase Agreement, our Credit Card Agreement; and a Credit Card Sales Slip. Once you’ve received these documents you will be required to review them for accuracy, sign them and fax or email them back to us with a copy of your current photo I.D. We’ll also require a current photo I.D. of that whos name appears on the credit card used for the deposit, if different than that of the Buyer. We will not run your credit card or consider this agreement bound until all documents are signed and recieved back in our office.
- 5. At this point, on our web site, the words “Sale Pending” will appear over the vehicle you’ve purchased untill all remaining funds have been collected. Once all funds have been collected, your investment car will officially be marked “Sold” will be removed from our inventory and our web site.
- Do you accept Trade-Ins?
- Yes, we do accept Trade-Ins; but please note we want to keep our inventory to what we specialize in so we only take in what we sell.
- Do you take in consignments?
- Coyote Classics does not host consignments. We pride ourselves in owning all the cars in our inventory and all our titles our, uniquely titled in our name to prove it. That way, there will never be any issues when it comes to titles. If you loose your title, we can easily replace it for you.
- Do you require a down payment?
- Yes. We require a Non-Refundable deposit that is applied to your purchase price. See “How do I purchase a car from your dealership?”
- Do you offer financing?
- We don’t offer any in house financing at this time, but we do have several companies we can refer you to. See our Financing Tab for further information.
- Can you arrange to have my new investment shipped & can you arrange International shipping?
- Yes, we can make arrangements to have your vehicle shipped to you….even internationally! You pay us the shipping fee, then we contact our Broker with all the shipping information and within 10 days (usually sooner) we’ll have your vehicle booked with a transporter and on its way to you. We’ll supply you with the transporter’s information and cell phone number & even give you a courtesy call to let you know the minute your investment leaves our facility. You’ll always be informed & in contact with where your vehicle is. It’s that simple.
- Will my investment come with a valid title & when will I get it?
- Coyote Classics prides itself in owning all the cars in our inventory, and these investments are never brought into our inventory without verifing that the VIN plate matches that of the title. We’re a licensed & bonded dealer, so all license and registration fees are paid current. Even more unique, all our titles are actually put in our business name. That way, there will never be any issues when it comes to your title. If you loose the title, we can easily replace it for you for a minimal fee.
Your title will be mailed out to you via Priority Mail within in 24 hours of receiving your final payment.
- Do you do appraisals?
- No, but we do have Appraisers we’ve worked with that we can reffer you to.
- Do you allow Vehicle Inspectors to inspect the car I’m interested in before I buy?
- Yes, absolutely! We always welcome vehicle inspectors. They’re a very important visual aid for you. We recommend Keith Siefken. Keith has 50 years of mechanical experience and he can be reached at: 319-640-7466 or Matt with Mad Muscle Garage at 952-220-2993. These inspectors have been used by previous customers of ours and are not affiliated with our facility, more importantly they give very fair inspections.
- Do you service classic cars?
- Yes, we can service your classic car or your modern driver. We staff a full service shop and also a body shop, click here to view a full list of the services we provide.
- What about insurance, is my vehicle covered?
- Your investment is fully covered under our Dealer’s Bond while at our facility. Once your vehicle is loaded on the transporter’s truck and enroute to your location, it’s covered under the transporters coverage. It’s not protected under any insurance plan once it arrives to you. You’re reliable for your own coverage & you may acquire your own coverage any time once your vehicle is paid for in full, we recommend you do so. Hagerty-Classic Car Insurance is a reputable company and may be one you might consider.
All vehicles subject to prior sale.
Coyote Classics and its affiliates will not be held responsible for typographical errors.
All site content and images © Copyright 2005-2009 by Coyote Classics.